Well, as most of you know, I wasn't so keen on being pregnant for 9 months but the reward for that time is priceless. It is just fantastic to be a mom!
The day went as follows:
Sunday, Jan 4th 2009
10:00 PM - Contractions begin but don't seem to be anything special (I had much stronger contractions in early December).
Monday, Jan 5th 2009
2:00 AM - Surprise! My water breaks.
5:30 AM - Take taxi to hospital
6:00 AM - Submitted to the hospital for the long day... we were going to have a baby!
12:00 noon - After 14 hours of contractions, the last hour being murderous and my body now so weak that I am shaking uncontrollable, I find out that I am only open 5 cm. I thus, BEG for an epidural.
12:45 PM - Epidural injected. I tell Magnus that it is the best decision of my life. Better than meeting him?, he asks.... YES! (ok, maybe not, but at the time it seemed so)
15:00 PM - Open 10 cm, pushing sensations begin. Between every push to gain more strength, I roared like a lion; it was quite surreal.
15:25 PM - Olivia Jasmin is born! I hear her gurgle but not scream. They take her and Magnus away for about 1 min to rub her back and I ask the midwives about 5 times if she is breathing. Before I know it she is on my stomach again. Her face is a little blue because she came out with her arm around her neck. I am too tired to even lift my head and get a good look at our creation.
15:40 PM? - She opens her eyes and the bond is instantaneous.
Stats:
8.9 lbs
53 cm
1 comment:
I am amazed that your tiny little body could deliver such a big baby! Go Super Woman! I'm glad you're enjoying motherhood. She's beautiful!
Post a Comment