Sunday, January 16, 2011

A belated birthday

No, I did not forget my daughter's birthday, but I did forget to blog about it. First, we had a small celebration in Houston since it was so close to her birthday.

Then we attended Isa's celebration and the girls were so adorable together, as always... on such similar development levels. Then, as soon as we can find a date where all the Leijon's are in-country at the same time, we will celebrate Olivia here.


So here is my mother-daughter letter... 11 days late.



Dear Olivia,

Happy Birthday and welcome to the terrible two's.

I cannot say that I am surprised you are already 2. In my mind, you could be turning 4. You are such a smart and beautiful girl with pappa's sense of humor. You amaze me everyday, telling me what you did at school, singing 1 of the 25 songs in your repetoire, counting to 15 in either language, or spitting out another impressive phrase... most often a cute one.

I kind of deserve a rebellious stage this year since you have been an almost perfect 1 year old. There is still some clinging to the leg and whining at least every hour for no apparent reason, but I am lucky enough to have a girl that doesn't like messes, never breaks anything and listens to my terrible explanation of the world and how it works.

On top of that, you are very loving and give me the sweetest kisses imaginable.

We found out that you had an egg allergy this year and I hoped this would fix all of your digestive problems. Unfortunately, it was not so simple. However, I feel strongly that this will be our year... soon, you will be able to tell me when it hurts, thus solving the problem before it starts.

I love you, Olivia. Here's to another year!!

"Hugs and kisses (no biting or grabbing)",
Mommy

No comments: