I am hoping May will bring better luck than April. Some of the few setbacks in April include:
- Bella took a real beating on the bus rides. And after even I crushed her leg, I decided it was enough and we stopped going to doggie daycare until we got a car again.
- Because of the extended bus rides in April, Olivia developed a hatred for the stroller (even worse than before). Anytime I layed her on her back, she panicked, thinking she was being put in the stroller.
- While nursing, Olivia somehow got breastmilk in her lungs! The following day she coincidentally also got her first runny nose. After a few tough days of coughing and trouble breathing while eating, all was back to normal.
- Magnus became sick after a trip and wasn't able to help hold Olivia for over a week. Of course my wrist pain returned after such extensive holding.
- Olivia became afraid of strangers. The bottom lip sticks out, starts to shake and then WAHHHHH!
- Absentmindedly, I let go of the stroller on a really big hill. Luckily, my mom-friend was there to catch it!
- Olivia had a terrible occassion on the bus where she was crying so hard that she couldn't breathe. I have never had so many faces staring me down at once. Some of them even tried to give me advice or perhaps told me to get off the bus, but I couldn't hear anything over Olivia's screams.
However, I have high hopes for May.
- We have a car again!
- My mom and sis are coming in a few days!
- We switched stroller parts to the 6+ month old sitting position and Olivia likes this one a bit better. She no longer panics when put on the back at home.
- Olivia developed her first scoot and rotating technique.
No comments:
Post a Comment