It could be worse. That is what I kept telling myself, on the near-to-tear moments of our plane ride. And there were several of these. The list of unfortunate situations includes:
- We were not given the seat with bassinet as requested. This is bc the seats went to a handicapped boy and his party. Understandable.
- The crew was not helpful in any way. Instead, they got annoyed at me throwing away so much trash. Sorry Continental, next time I will remember to keep my trash and let formula spill all over the carpet underneath me.
- We sat beside a very uninvolved mother who wanted to play musical chairs with her 2 assistants anytime Olivia was asleep. When she saw my annoyance, she suggested I take her son's seat by the window. Sure, that will work since O will only sleep 1 hr of the 9 hr plane ride so the other 8 hrs I should be trapped inside with O on my lap... smart. Luckily, I have lived in Sweden long enough to know how to turn down her sweet offer!
- O screamed bloody murdy anytime she tried to fall asleep and no one on the 2nd plane ride could understand why my daughter might be so tired. I tried to quietly spread the message that it was 12 midnight, our time.
- After looking for 1 of my 10 spoons for about 5 min with O on my lap, I had to set O on the seat so that I could get down and really find a spoon. Before I could blink, she had taken a crash landing involving a tail spin and head thud on the ground beside me. This was followed by yet another bloody murdy scream. Poor baby.
- Newark airport had a boarding card, screen and verbal announcement all proclaiming different gates for a Houston departure. And these three terminals were all at seperate wings of the terminal. If my first plane wasn't early and my 2nd plane wasn't late to board, I wouldn't have made it to Houston that night.
Thank goodness to all the nice baby-liking people on the planes, Olivia's good behavior and a smooth ride without much turbulence.
No comments:
Post a Comment