Monday, May 31, 2010

A Michael fan

Its not just Pappa that likes MJ.




Gosh, so much has happened with little O. About 1.5 months ago, she suddenly understood EVERYTHING I said. It was like a light switch went on in her head. And the no phase quickly became a yes phase. Do you want to do this? Yes. Do you like this? Yes. Where's Bella? Yes, there is Bella.

We went to our first concert... Mora Träsk. A couple of guys that have been singing Swedish kid songs for 25 years! Olivia jammed by bending at her knees a bit slower than the beat, looking like a grandma in the process. She so badly wanted to do more, go faster and dance her heart out. She was by far the most excited kid on the square.

O has started to do the motions to kid songs (itsy bitsy spider, head, shoulder, knees & toes, etc). She kisses me after I say I love you and she refuses to get out of her high chair until I have given her enough food. She is very happy to sit in my lap, be outside all day and has become obsessed with cheerios and feeding the dog.

I discovered this great trick to get Olivia to do what I want outside. I just give her Bella's leash. By controlling the dog, I can increase and decrease Olivia's speed, make her stay on track and keep focused. Otherwise it might take us 30 min to get to the playplace outside our door.

No comments: