Monday, May 31, 2010

Projects overdue!

I don't think I decided any projects since April so I will proceed to make up for that now.

APRIL: We have already gone organic when it comes to food but I happened to grab a brochure about eco-milk the other day and I can't believe the benefits. There is much more to it than less hormones and being outside more frequently. For instance, did you know that in normal cases, the calf is taken from the mother immediately after birth and put in a cell completely alone?!!! In case of eco-milk (organic) in Sweden, the calf gets to stay with mom and nurse for 3-4 days. Then, it is put in a pen with other calves instead of totally alone. Then, the feed the cows eat is eco and comes from farms in the vicinity, not shipped in from another country. And this is not all!

MAY: We planted a garden when my mom was here, including: snap peas, carrots, corn, onions, lettuce and more.

JUNE: Compost. We did this at the end of previous summer but I want to really get in the habit by the time Magnus moves out there in 1-2 weeks.

BTW, I bought my first 2 pairs of eco-jeans and they are very comfortable and stylish. They still look as if chemicals are used to dye them but I need to positively assume there must be strong enough natural dyes as well. I am going to research this to make sure the extraction and production processes were in fact ecological... not just the raw material.

No comments: