Despite my poor writing skills, I am attempting to write a book --- in Swedish. I documented the cultural differences I experienced during the past 7-8 years and have occasionally mentioned them during dinner with guests. Swedes found these insights amazing and funny, only wanting to hear more. Thus, the idea grew and grew. I will first complete the book in English and then translate to Swedish before sending out to publication companies. So far, writing is fun and inspiring... I just wish I had more time.
Technically in order to qualify for the same maternity pay with the next baby, I need to be registered as unemployed and search for a job with 100% of my open time. Thus, I can't tell them I am writing a book.
But let's get serious; we all know it is impossible to get a job with this baby bump.
So, I am juggling writing time and pretend-job searching time on top of eating 24-7, home chores, dog walks and daycare drop offs and picks up. Its fun and exhausting. My creative energy for this blog might just get the boot until Baby II is born.
No comments:
Post a Comment