She was so excited to celebrate Pappa's birthday. When he got home from work, she said, "Pappa, come look at your birthday party." I think I made a similar statement when I was 2 years old. (BTW I was very proud of my best egg-free cake ever!)
There are many things I am not allowed to do anymore. Like taking a picture, she gets very upset since she wants to be the only one controlling the camera among other things. These other things include: wanting to drive the car, locking me out of rooms, crossing streets alone (she wants to hold her own hand), wiping herself on toilet, putting on and holding Bella's leash independently, opening all doors with keys or codes, pushing all buttons, taking care of all children younger than her without anyone'e help, sitting at the very back of the bus alone, fixing and cutting things, wanting to drink coffee, etc.
She has such extreme sides -- this stubborn, independent lady who refuses to be 2 and a gentle, huggable girl that listens and understands. I guess both sides are a sign of her maturity. Her most common phrases are "when I turn 3, I can drive." and listing all the people she will invite to her next birthday party.
There is no doubt that she is very social. Always interested in looking and talking to and about others. She is busy with toys but even busier with interactions. She misses Adrick and Carina that visited 2 months ago and has talked about seeing Jana and Brian for the past 2 months. It breaks my heart that she sees the people she loves so seldom. No matter where we live, we will have this problem.
The question period has already begun.. who was that? what did she say? what is that? She doesn't know how to ask "why" yet so she repeats the what is that? over and over again.
All Olivia's dolls are now named the potential baby names. Sometimes we joke... "where is Saga?" and she lifts up my shirt and laughs. We try to pretend that she already has a sister, in a way. I told her that the baby would come after her birthday and she said, "I hope so."
No comments:
Post a Comment