Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mystery solved

I go to a doctor for my thyroid; he is not an endocrinologist but has the same disease as me and therefore does a lot of self-research on Hashimotos (auto-immune thyroid disorder). His office hours are first come, first serve from 5 am! to 7 am, two days a week. The odd thing is that every time I arrive at 4:30 am there are groups of people - 2 teenage girls chatting away or 3 business men in their 40's talking about the finance crisis, for example. The mystery is why people go to the doctor with their friends? I don't think any friend gets up at 4 am just to accompany their friend to the doctor, so it leads me to believe that the entire group is going to meet the doctor. So, who goes to the doctor as a group?

Well I think I finally have the answer. These are my clues:
1) At my last visit, my doctor told me that he could retire but didn't want to because the job was so rewarding. He gave me an example by saying that he helped a woman in her 50's loose 30 lbs which gave her the self-confidence to meet the man of her dreams.
2) At my visit this week, 2 teenage girls stood in front of me and talked about their family and own weight issues, solutions, etc.
3) After taking into consideration these 2 circumstances involving weight, I think back at all the "groups" and realize that all group members were a little overweight. Not anything remarkable, just chubby.

So, my doctor must also specialize in helping people loose weight and his patients most likely have an easier time loosing weight in groups, with their friends.

What do you think, is that the answer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm. I think youre on to something there... nice job, sherlock! =)