Thursday, July 1, 2010

Is this really happening?

Lately, the only thing working out is Olivia’s daycare. She loves going there and despite the few scrapes, bruises and bite marks (oops), they seem to take better care of her than I do.

So what’s been the problem? --- Oh, where to start?

BELLA
Got attacked by the staff’s pit bull at daycare. She had to get operated. The daycare refused to claim the accident on their insurance. On top of that, Bella’s previous daycare has been calling me to tell me they refuse to let Bella continue there – even offering for Bella to come back for free. However, I have no other solution since I am barely working enough hours as it is!

ME
A big stress is to try and cram in 40 hrs when I am the sole drop-off and picker-upper. We had to fire our babysitter in April because she was going to the mall with Olivia. Therese has been helping out in the meantime, but it is still tough.

Also, I got fed up with the CFO for leading by a whip on top of a disaster project led by the CEO. So I quit one day during a meeting and stormed out of the office. I was determined not to go back. However, in Sweden you have to work 3 months after you quit or get fired. Therefore, the next few weeks were spent under negotiations for me to stay. I put some demands on them and the bosses admitted they have been “abusing their power” so to speak.

MAGNUS
Organization changes and increased responsibilities. What’s new?

COTTAGE
Our construction company finished 95% of the job before Christmas, but that last 5% has taken an eternity. They didn’t really come back and no other company wanted to take on the job for liability reasons. In the end, Magnus did it all and it looks fantastic – a little spilled paint on the floor doesn’t hurt anyone!

MIDSUMMER
Olivia gave 8 people (including Magnus and I) a deadly stomach bug over midsummer. What a nightmare.

1 comment:

M Leijon said...

I beleive it was the Salmon, not O. /Magnus